Please be sure to put the position you are applying for in the subject line.
All applicants must be able to pass a criminal background check, physical, and drug test.
This administrative position requires logical thinking and information management skills to expedite projects as needed. The successful candidate will interact with several departments on a daily basis, as well as different municipalities throughout Michigan and possibly other states. This position is responsible for keeping communication open with the sales department in order to obtain the necessary information to keep each project moving forward through the permitting process.
- Research zoning and ordinance information for projects
- Pull all necessary permits for each project
- Request and obtain bid securities and bonds as needed
- Review quotes and bids for accuracy
- Call MISS DIG for projects that require excavation
- Field customer calls and requests for service
- Read and interpret detailed bid documents
- Prepare and review detailed paperwork
- Back up receptionist as needed
- Additional tasks as needed
- High School Diploma and 1-3 years experience (or equivalent)
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Use various software platforms efficiently
- Good technical and mechanical aptitude
- Self-Motivated, detail oriented, and ability to learn independently
- Excellent Communication Skills (both written and verbal)
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
- Ability to work overtime if needed
- Must have a clean driving record